Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Have you seen my stapler??

My mental state is no longer assuredly intact. How else can you explain the game I've been playing all summer?

I have a stapler in my cube. On this stapler stands a quarter (in between the base and the bottom of the protruding stapler tip). Around my second week here, my mind wandered, and when it returned, it came up with the idea to see how long I can keep this quarter standing in its same place. It stayed untouched for 4 weeks before another intern (not in the know about my game) removed the quarter and started playing with the stapler. After my death stare, he returned the quarter to its original position, and the game restarted. Three weeks later, another intern and another death stare. It's remained untouched for about 5 days now. The prospect of it standing undisturbed the rest of my time here genuinely excites me...and if somebody else removes it again, i might just snap.

What the hell's wrong with me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home